Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday Titter

Movies are a huge part of my life. I use them to escape reality. I cite examples from them when trying to prove a point. And I quote them.


These are 3 of my favorites.


"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

::::::

"I apologize to you if I don't seem real eager to jump into a forced awkward intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested? So all of the sudden I'm getting, I'm starting to get interested... And when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door cause then it's awkward, it's like well goodnight. Do you do like that ass-out hug? Where you like, you hug each other like this and your ass sticks out cause you're trying not to get too close or do you just go right in and kiss them on the lips or don't kiss them at all? It's very difficult trying to read the situation. And all the while you're just really wondering are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions? Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair."

::::::

"Luanne, why don't we just go up there and say "This was our last weekend together, and we didn't feel like going to Fort Sumter and touring goddamn colonial homes. We wanted to go to the beach and meet boys and go to wild parties and dance." I mean why can't we tell them the truth?"

::::::



Today's Tuesday Titter is interactive - What? Can she be serious? She is CA-RAZAY! I don't want her to know I read her vomit. She must be kidding.

Oh, people... I am serious!

I need to hear from my adoring fans family. I only hang with the coolest, most intelligent folks, so please present a 1,000 word essay comment using any of the following topics:

A. Why you think these particular quotes are my favorite.



B. A synopsis of the character who spouted these memorable lines and why you think I am much like them.



C. An example of your favorite movie quotes.





I look forward to reading what you come up with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think you want a 1,000 word essay. gez.

But ok ... here it goes.


Quote #1
"Say Anything"
I think you like this particular quote because it sums up a career in retail, which you've been through and didn't like all that much. Plus it's funny seeing the look on the Dad's face when John C. is making this speech. :) In answer how you're like John C.'s character ... you're both sarcastic.

Quote #2
"Wedding Crashers"
Vince Vaughn. Enough said.

Quote #3
"Shag"
I think this quote is a favorite because it brings back happy memories of us 3 sisters growing up. And you're like Carson in the fact you are wild. And can drink a beer. Ok, a beer and a half.

NOW ... In answer to my favorite quotes. Here's just a sampling.

"That ain't no Etch-A-Sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, Homeskillet."

"Don't take a turn to negative town"

"Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free."

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend."

Stuffanie said...

Thanks for playing along Q!!!

I forgot about My Morgan and that quote from Shawshank. I always always think of Drew when I hear that. In fact I am a bit misty right now.

-Stuffanie

Anonymous said...

I think you watch to many movies, I haven't a clue what the first two were from but I recognize the last one. I think you are alot like the character in the way that you want to be good but you have the bad girl within to contend
with. My most favorite quoteswould be.... Make my day. and I want to be like you.
Mom